My Favorite Peeps

Feb 23, 2008

Muharram 2008 Paintings -

this painting expressing the 3rd imam (pbuh) holding his 4 month baby on the day of Ashura in Kerbala... I did this painting for Kerbala Project in Dar es salaam... Its on Canvas, primed and framed..... but Acrylics, no oil paints, since i wanted it to get dried very fast.. it took me 4 days in total to complete it.... (prolly)..... My first time ever such art..... God Bless.... If God wishes, i will definately get its prints and put for sale....


All Praise is to God, The Almighty... Without His Blessings i would have never been able to paint anything like this....
Yes.... ( cutting down my australian accent over here, getting lil serious)...
When i was going through google and finding what to draw for this year's -2008- kerbala project..... (since my evening of ashura painting is misplaced by the scouts- arghhh)
I got caught with something like this and i saved in my laptop for future idea, later i sketched on a primed/framed canvas.. and i started to draw it and paint it... took me exact 12 - 13 days to complete - ended with a severe back pain but Praise is to God i got fine......
While drawing i did not find very difficult because i jsut did a rough sketch.. The most difficult part was when i was shading it... And when i was painting the red shades - that represented blood- i would start falling in tears and i would cry i mean i was so much lost in this painting i almost felt i was there watchingthis exact scene.....
I would cry in the middle of painting this.... Indeed the msot saddest art of my life - very touching and very very sad.... I would drop my tears on the drawings, sometimes i would spread my tears there ( lol - ) , dont blame me i wanted some real feelings... but yeah this painting contains my tears...
While painting this drawing, something inside me was guiding me... how to mix color, how to paint, how to go left with teh brush strokes... i dont know how but yes.... someonewas whispering with me... plus i did alot of mistakes... but they are unseen now and if my hand would tremble in tiredness there would be a guidance to unshake my hand and not let the art get spoilt by colours..
ssigh!! truly... im speachless...

No comments:

As a Tanzanian Artist

Organic Deals

Pages I Visit

  • Joelle Kayembe - Congolese-born South African model Joelle is best known for her role as a suitcase model in the game show Deal Or No Deal (SA). Kayembe has also appeared i...
Acrylic Painting
Powered By Blogger

Shama Jaffer FB Badge

ART? I HEART
Whatever fills the gaps...
....... Life is too Short to Waste your Time on something or someone who doesn't Give What you Deserve...
...........Never Give up your Hopes.....
Love yourself First....
....Don't Judge What You Cant Create..

Subscribe

About This Blog

Art is Love....
......Love is an Art....

Tot Visitors

Followers

Beauty

Beauty
Mountain Kilimanjaro.

Adverts

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Design by

free counters

Please Follow

free counters
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected